Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fred's Auto Shop Diorama (1:64)

Years ago and until now, I've been wanting to make a simple but highly detailed junkyard diorama in 1:24 scale (quite huge).  Plans didn’t push through due to time and workspace constraints, and the complexity of the idea I have in my mind adds up the delay, gathering materials and components is another setback.  So, I dropped the idea of making a junkyard diorama project, but instead, a restoration shop with yard diorama in a smaller scale would somehow relieve my desperation.
I bought loose 1:64 diecast cars in a local toy convention “Collecticon ’09.” With these discarded cars, I’ll begin the project.  The idea is to show off my loose and old diecast cars as well as to attract viewers and be pleased in spite of their condition.  A suburban scene would be one of the best settings I can think of, and mainly, to make use of the total area of the base to display more cars as possible.

I've been half-finished doing this project since I started some weeks ago, and here's some progress.... There’s a yard and asphalt road in front, the dirt road on the side which was added later to give an extension of some things beyond the base that also contributed some sort of story to the scene.

The dirt and asphalt road. Behind the fence is the yard.
Dirt road on the side.
Weathered and textured asphalt road.



Tree leaves are done, fall is over!

truly, trees give life, even to our dioramas.
I think, Fred needs some garbage management.
 Unpainted garbage bin and accessories.
















Some progress.

















Cable wires were installed.





Its about time for some photo shoot.


 
 
TO BE CONTINUED.................nah, I'm calling it done!

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! what a nice diorama! the best diorama I've ever seen, would love to see this in person, by the way, do you do commission work? I love to have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god, this takes a hell lot of work! You really deserve more followers!! Will keep myself updated with your blog..really nice collection bro :) Thanks for following mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so,so nice ,awesome ,congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! It looks great! I have been wanting to create some kind of diorama for my 1/64 scale cars. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great work! i tip my hat to you, sir!

    ReplyDelete